1. Rub or feel her belly. Would you go up to a perfect stranger who wasn't pregnant and touch their belly? No, you wouldn't. So why do people feel like a pregnant woman's belly is public property? As far as I was concerned the only person that had right to touch my belly without my permission was my husband.
2. "Wow, you're getting big." You think? I didn't notice I couldn't see my feet anymore. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Seriously, every pregnant woman is well away of her growing size. No need to point it out. How about saying something nice like, "Wow, you look great!"
3. "You look ready to pop, I can't believe you still have (insert time frame here) to go." Thank you. So what you're saying is I'm fatter then what I should be? A pregnant woman can be very self-conscious of her growing size. You're probably doing nothing but making her feel even more insecure then she already is, especially if she still has a few months to go.
4. "You haven't had that baby yet?" I remember getting this question a lot, especially as I neared and eventually passed my due date. Nothing makes a pregnant woman want to strangle you more then this if she's already overdue. And if she isn't near her due date, once again you're just telling her she's fat.
5. "Are you sure you're not having twins?" Of course I'm sure! How would I not know if I was having twins? While this question was annoying when expecting my singleton, I did find it amusing when I was expecting twins.
Im posting this because I'm sick and tired of people saying this things. I don't care if we are best friends or family. There is NO need for it.